Physical, occupational, and speech therapists help you regain functional abilities that allow you to return to your normal routine. Our team of therapists has a broad base of expertise from years of working at inpatient, outpatient, and home health settings.
Physical Therapy (PT)
Physical therapists help you improve muscle strength, regain functional movement, relieve pain, and properly use medical equipment.
Based on your needs, our physical therapists:
- Evaluate your physical condition and abilities
- Recommend and teach you how to use assistive devices, such as canes and walkers, when needed
- Help you improve your ability to walk, change position, and generally get around better (mobility skills)
- Help you recover from surgery, including joint replacements
- Determine if you are at risk of falling and if so, recommend ways to stay safe
- Lead you in exercises to improve the movement of your joints (range of motion), build strength and improve endurance, and improve balance and coordination
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Occupational therapists help you regain your ability or learn new ways to perform everyday activities, such as bathing, dressing, or preparing meals.
Our occupational therapists:
- Evaluate your ability to complete everyday activities
- Recommend and teach you how to use adaptive devices, such as grab bars and shower chairs, when needed
- Teach you ways to compensate for your impairments and find new ways to complete tasks
Our speech therapists:
- Lead you in exercises that help you re-learn how to speak, read, and/or write
- Provide you with activities to improve orientation, memory, and judgment skills
- Help you develop alternative ways to communicate